Monday, April 9, 2012

It is a wonderful season to begin anew!

The story continues.  We are completely moved as of March 10th.  We would like to be settled in before winter is through.  One day at a time...one box at a time and it will get done.  We have accomplished a remodel to the interior of the house and have plans to paint the exterior of the barn, chicken coupe and house in June.  In reality there is quite a bit to be done....but we are project people who enjoy the process and progress!  Once we have things "in place" living will be rather simple. 

Our kitty, Bart, is becoming comfortable with his new home.  He isn't ready to walk far off without one of us being in his sight.  He will need to be careful because we have been told there is an American eagle and Redtail hawk family living in the trees just behind the house.  I've seen the hawks, two blue herons, and many crows.  Each day we peer up at the large trees for a glimpse of an eagle, but there hasn't been a siting...yet.

In good time I will share what I see living outside around this new place, and give a glimpse of the flowers and other growing things scattered on our 1.6 acres of rural space. 

It is a wonderful season to begin anew!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Bart looks content and so do you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About being settled in "before winter is through." Next winter...2013! I can't believe what I wrote.....this winter...no way! I hope that clarifies where my priorities are! Julene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Julene! Thank you for visiting me... I've wondered how you've been, and was glad to see you're blogging again. :o) Very exciting so learn about your move. Your new home is BEAUTIFUL! I love the architectural style, and not least those big windows. And best of all, love that the cats, and all the animals will be on site as usual. ;o) Wishing you all the best in this great new adventure! Lovely to see you! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete