Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7 of the Grace/Gratitude Challenge

Remember the poor. 

There are many kinds of poor people in the world.  Some are poor of spirit, poor of possession, poor of health but often we find these poor people models of thankfulness because of their conditions.  We are challenged to remember the poor and invite them to our home so we can find the grace of God working in our hearts. 

This past weekend I visited with dear friends who are going through quite a time with health issues.  They are poor of health but not of spirit.  While in their home I noticed a large bulletin board covered with what they call their "blessings."  Hundreds of pictures filled that board and the pictures are of the people they pray for every single day!  I thought about it and considered following their influence. 

My blessing board began today and the first pictures are of my friends mentioned above, and our grand-kids. As I walk by the board many times each day I am reminded that they are in my home, and I can bring the grace of God to them.  In turn their faces bring the grace of God to me. 

I am excited to add pictures to the board each day until it is covered.  I know who will be added.
*I think of our nephew who is being deployed, his sweet wife who stays behinds, and counts the days until his return months and months from now. 
*I think of our niece who mothers two little children who need grace administered everyday.  
*I think of a friend who has just been diagnosed with a cancer and will be undergoing treatment over the next several months. 
*I think of a woman who has gotten into big trouble, and the book is being thrown at her in the legal system.  She needs grace....mercy...and attention. 

"All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along." Galatians 2:10 
Watch the board fill up!  This may become a quiding extention of gratitude with intention. :)



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Julene. Love the gratitude board idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! And I know you do pray.

    ReplyDelete