Thursday, March 7, 2013

Small Gifts

Small gifts are often the best! 

A bottle was placed in my husband's hand last week by our niece, Heidi.
Inside was something that charmed him greatly!

She found a tiny deer, put it in a jar with moss, and created a small terrarium.  When the lid is in place it rains inside the bottle.  The rain keeps the moss and plant growing. 
What a dear gift!  :)

On another recent occasion, we came home to find a branch of Daphne Odora on our doorstep.   A friend had left it as a gift. 
Of all the flowers in the world....this one is IT for me!! The smell transports me back to childhood and a very sweet time!

Daphne Odora is in bloom right now.  Go find one and see what glory smells like!  It is very distinct and heavenly. Yes, small gifts are often the best! 


3 comments:

  1. I might need to track down a Daphne Odora...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne! I'd forgotten about daphne! I too love the fragrance. It reminds me of my home in Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The terrarium is fascinating... a little world all it's own in a glass. The Daphne is wonderful...Can almost smell it through the screen. :o) Just now surfacing after 2 weeks+ I've been down with flu & migraines--slowly mending. Fist chance I've had to post and visit friends. So great to catch up with you, Julene. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete