Monday, May 18, 2015

New horse and taking a couple weeks away!

A new horse has come to graze in the pasture on the other side of our fence. He caught my attention with his two dark ears and piercing look.  He isn't much to look at but there is personality all the way from his ears to his legs.  He kicks around, notices the birds flying over head and will keep us entertained until the grass is gone!

I will be away for the next two weeks.  I am headed up to Esperanza on the West Coast of Vancouver Island to visit our family.  The kids moved there two weeks ago and you can see here what they are doing.  It is a remote area, only reachable by boat, and after driving a 200 mile gravel road.  I'll be travelling with a missions team from Cornwall Church in Bellingham. The trip from Bellingham takes 13 hours. One leg of the ride is on a ferry boat from the mainland to Vancouver Island.  I won't be a part of the team but instead going to play with the kids and see what Esperanza is all about.  It will be my own adventure and a sweet, sweet time with loved ones.  The missions team is going to put on a Women's Retreat for the local gals who live in and around Nootka Sound.  They say there will be about 80 women attending.  It will be a rich time and I'll have stories to bring back home.

See you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Small world. I'm pretty sure our daughter's maid of honor worked as a volunteer and counselor there a few years back...
    Blessings on your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Having a horse next door is fun--he looks like he has a lot of personality.

    ReplyDelete