Friday, March 4, 2016

Paint Party Friday - First

I have joined up with Paint Party Friday to  share weekly paintings and see what others are doing in their art exploration! 
 
Blueberry's are a common fruit to find growing in Oregon in yards and fields.  I love their color and chose to do a quick painting of them this week.  The watercolor used is Daniel Smith, Indanthrene Blue, Windsor Violet, Cobalt Violet, and Hansa yellow. This is done on a small sheet of Arches 140lb cold press paper. 
 
 
 This little bird painting was taken from a greeting card which was done in paper quilling.  I simply translated it into a sketch, added watercolor, and was pleased with how it turned out.  It is 5 X 7.


The frame finished it off nicely and it became a gift for a friend who loves anything with birds.

 
 
The next exercise is a study in color using a Bright Earth Palette: Indanthrene Blue, Perylene Maroon, and Raw Sienna. 
I think these Pears will be good gift tags.
 
 
That's it for this week and Paint Party Friday
Have a good week painting! 

13 comments:

  1. You created quite a lot for Paint Party Friday. I love the bird and the frame was great for it. I'm sure your friend will love this.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comment.

    Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

    P.S. I'll be having my 'painting party' right here tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is so lovely! My favourite is the blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your art is beautiful but I love the blueberries the best. Roaring up close behind, though, is that adorable bird. And it looks so great in the frame. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting made a beautiful tray for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have a way with watercolour .... Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work, you're friend should be thrilled with that precious gift!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really lovely. I wish I lived somewhere where blue berries grow... sadly too hot here, but maybe just as well as I would paint them so often that it would drive people nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those blueberries show up in my morning smoothies, however my real ones are nowhere near as beautiful as your painted ones! Welcome to Paint Party Friday! Love your framed bird too, what a lovely gift! And the pear colors rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right blue berry bushes everywhere on the OR coast. You painting are both very well done. Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something about the names of colors in a paint or crayon box that I find excitingly filled with possibility. Your little bird painting is a gift I'd sure love to receive ! I was just this morning reading about birds in a book that is also illustrated by the naturalist author. I'm a sucker for bird paintings and illustrations , and books.

    I have enjoyed following you and reading about your "new season".

    ReplyDelete