Friday, March 18, 2016

Standard Palette


Painting each day is something I strive for but it's not always possible.  I leave my painting out on the dining room table all week, make quite a mess out of our living space, and that's how I'm happiest creating. If we have guests over it takes a few minutes to pull the house back together. Does anyone else do that?  Another thing I do is paint throughout the day as I'm busy with other things. I'll walk by the painting, add more color, darken areas, and then leave to do something else.  Off and on all day like that.  Rarely do I sit down for hours at a time to work, but I'd like to...someday! 
Since I've joined up with Paint Party Friday the motivation to paint has kicked in it has allowed me to think about the subjects, color palettes, and design techniques to accomplish within the week. It's been fun and good change in my focus.




Week Three: Standard Palette of Alizarin, Hansa yellow, and French Ultra Marine
Subject: Flowers and Lemons  Paper:  140 lb cold press Arches (my favorite)

10 x 14 Arches Watercolor Block


"Nasturtium"

"Spring Flowers"

"Lemons"

Painting is fun and it takes practice, practice, practice! 
I think I'll do the lemon's over again but rearrange them. 

Happy PPF! 


16 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings. Oh yes, I tend to mess up around me while painting. I've just moved into my studio again, after spending the winter in our dining room. I'm so happy to be back in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, delicate paintings.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Julene, such gorgeous paintings! You said: I leave my painting out on the dining room table all week, make quite a mess out of our living space, and that's how I'm happiest creating. If we have guests over it takes a few minutes to pull the house back together. Does anyone else do that?

    The answer is yes for me. My dining room is now my art room, using the dining table (covered with plastic cloth) as my art table. And I also can whip it into shape in a jiffy. And I drop by off and on during the day to paint a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful water colours. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful paintings! I love the lemons!
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply love all your watercolors! They would look great framed, but would also make great prints for notecards. I am blessed to have a room at our home to call my studio, but that may change in a couple of years. My wife and I have been empty nesters for a couple of years, so will eventually move once our youngest finishes college and finds a place to settle professionally. Thanks for your visit and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous watercolor art- I especially love those lemons! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolours!! I always have my art supplies within reach... and it's messy!! Unfortunately the joy of acrylics is not as quick a clean up as water colours!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. your lemons are wonderful... and I am the queen of the last minute pull together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really beautiful!!! beautiful spring in the air and lemons! I adore lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely watercolors! Love the lemons. :) Happy PPF! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lucky to have an art studio that keeps the mess away from the rest of the house. LOL. I tend to be a messy artist, but once a project is done I clean up. Your spring flowers are beautiful and I like the lemons too. You have a talent with the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love seeing your watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely paintings. I like the delicate whispery touch. I also use the dining table but my husband does not like it much.

    ReplyDelete