Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Zentangle

This week is about making a Zentangle on a round beach rock.  After a week of working on Sketchbook Journaling, I have a new found appreciation for Zentangle art. 
There are lots of books that encompass this style of creativity, and the most popular are the adult coloring books.  My aim in using it is to come up with ideas that come from within me and not rely on other's patterns so I'm staying away from the coloring books for now.
This rock was under painted with white acrylic paint, let dry and then the design was applied with a permanent marker. The surface is bumpy and irregular on the rock, but otherwise pretty easy to work on. 
In future weeks I'll be developing this kind of design into my sketch book's and will be happy to share more! 

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely. ..I can imagine the design embroidered on felt. I love painted rocks. So tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. ..I can imagine the design embroidered on felt. I love painted rocks. So tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are from the "Valley" too! How wonderful! I love your idea of painting on rocks.

    Your artwork is exquisite and it fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final effect looks lovely -- I agree this would also make a beautiful embroidered pattern -- happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous idea! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete