Friday, July 1, 2016

Paint Party Friday/Barn

Today is Paint Party Friday  and I have finished up a promised painting.  It began on fresh paper months ago.  I took it to a point, and had to step away to wait for inspiration to put the last brush strokes on.  I'm happy with "The Evan's Barn."  It is going to a gallery art shop in Aurora, Oregon.  It's hard to let go of something that came from within like this barn.  This is a new step for me....to give what I do for the public to see.  It's a new day.

Here is the barn painting unfinished.



 Finished.


I used my favorite colors: Perylene Maroon, Quin Gold, and Idanthrone Blue.  These are not colors that are commonly used but they are colors that I keep going back to when I want richness of tones.


I hope your week ahead is filled with peace, joy, love, and time.....to be! 
Happy Paint Party Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, the barn and surroundings make a fantastic picture. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful barn painting in W/C ~ exquisite!

    Wishing you a Happy 4th weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful painting! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you used and the softness of them. Beautiful painting.
    Happy PPF♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The barn is so beautifully painted and I like the hint of the forest beyond and the delicate foreground.
    These three colours sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your barn painting is wonderful. I used to do oil paintings of barns and really loved working those barn colors. Speaking of colors, I have never heard of those that you used except for the quin gold, which I have. I will write down the names so I can check them out in person. Sorry you couldn't see my SS embossing. It was easier to read enlarged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your barn! How exciting that it will be shown...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful painting! Happy PPF - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful barn. It looks so quiet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful painting. Your palate is lovely. I have never heard of Perylene Maroon and will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete