Friday, November 25, 2016

Green trees and gratitude

My painting took a back seat this week but I did work on doodling some evergreen trees with watercolor.  Trees are not easy to pull off and they take practice. The brushes a person use does effect the outcome of the trees and I will be figuring which brush works best in the coming weeks. I also believe there is a sort of signature to trees.  We each possess something unique that is brought to there shape and structure.  I haven't quite found "my signature tree" yet. 

We spent Thanksgiving with family.  It was a lovely day filled with good conversation and yummy food.  I'm thankful we could be with our family and share the holiday in this way. 

Last weekend my paternal family members met in Portland for a meal and time to catch up.  We have found as the families are growing there is less opportunity to get together...unless we are intentional at planning.  We decided it was time to gather and enjoy a low stress meal (cooked by other people). We are missing two families in the line of first cousin's but enjoyed time with those who could make it. 

 
My best to you this time of Thanksgiving!
 
Please go over the Paint Party Friday and see the art work that many have shared. 
Thanks to Eva and Kristin!
 
O my, again......I was chosen at random as this weeks artist to be highlighted on Paint Party Friday web site! Thank you Eva and Kristin! 

9 comments:

  1. All your trees look great to me, Julene. I ordered TG dinner from Fresh Market. I think next year we will go out like you did this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured at PPF. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trees yours are beautiful (as is your family!) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think these trees are lovely! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanks giving. Trees are something I haven't really tried to paint as yet! Yours look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trees look so fresh and beautiful.
    What a happy group of your lovelies!
    Happy Thanksgiving weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trees are beautiful! What a gorgeous group of people.... very good looking family members. Hope you had a wonderful celebration!!Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liek teh trees. Or should I say forest?

    ReplyDelete