Friday, November 11, 2016

Started but not complete.

Some weeks are not conducive to finishing up works of art but they allow for starting a couple of things.  I don't know about other people but when I go to the grocery store, enter the produce department I start putting together still life arrangements.  This week that is what I did and brought home some colorful example of nature's bounty!

 I began playing with the fruit....with the understanding that they tell a story when placed in certain ways.  I turned the stems this way and that as if two were talking, the third pear was looking on. 
 Here the pear is standing by and below one is taking a rest.  The small bowl is a great gathering point in the landscape. 
 Pretty apples with color variation and interesting shapes enter the scene. 
 An old jug comes into the play but appears overwhelming to the small fruit.  The acorn could not be ignored either. 

And then there was balance.......and I was off to sketch, prepare the paper and begin to paint. 

The painting has a ways to go along with a landscape that I'm attempting.  Lets see how far I get and report back next week.  Happy Paint Party Friday!  Please go to the web site and see other artists that are hard at work creating amazing things! 

I like to add a little of my surroundings each week.  I find great comfort in this view and its changing beauty.  This is from yesterday in the am.
 This was taken yesterday evening and just before the sun dropped in the West.  I never know what I may see in "the twinkling of an eye!"  I feel gratitude and peace inside during some difficult times.
 
That's it for this week!  I hope you each have a nice weekend and find some things to be grateful for.

16 comments:

  1. Love your fruity conversation and compositions. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting! Being only an art appreciator, I need to understand what it takes to bring about the end result. Thank you! (And thanks for your comment on my blog. Might have made my day.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you made with delicious fruits and beautiful things.
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will now have me looking at fruit along with placement in a whole new way:) Lovely art and scenery too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for the feature last week on ppf...I kept meaning to make a comment there. Love your pears they are beautiful and your artwork is stunning!! Thanks for sharing your process.

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got three of those pears that I'm waiting to get soft to try a pear soup! You have beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished paintings since the beginnings look great already. Love your scenic photos, especially the clouds in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your still life painting is beautiful. I also really enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you composed each still life. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward how you proceed with your water color! You live in beautiful surroundings..

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your storytelling process for your art. I hope to see how far you have come next week. :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful art work ~ love the beauty of apple artwork and gorgeous photos! ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that view!!
    And I enjoyed 'seeing' you work through your design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun painting and your described placements interesting. I enjoy your photos. .you area looks beautiful and peaceful. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete