Friday, December 9, 2016

Tags for Christmas

This has been a light hearted week to paint and prepare a few Christmas tags for gift giving.  I tried several approaches and ended up with a variety of tags that are pleasing to me.  Several years ago a Victoria Magazine arrived at my home in the mail and there was a Christmas tree I was so drawn to.  An artist had made paper tags embellished with things like feathers and dried roses.  The tree was set outside, obviously not in Oregon, but somewhere where they didn't have the wet rain.  It was beautiful and I've never forgot it.  In the meantime I've been doing a bit of my own embellishing on tags, and have thought of doing a tree covered with them, but not this year. 
I cut 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper, using a serrated bread knife, into small pieces.  Then used a permanent marker to draw holiday cheer and finished them with a wash of watercolor. 
 
 Lots of doodle fun here!
 
 

 
 
Wishing you some Merry days! 
 
Thanks to Eva and Kristin over at Paint Party Friday for hosting so many artists and being an encouragement to keep on creating!
 
Ps.....a beautiful week with snow here at home! It wasn't much but still thrilling to experience.  We don't get ton's of snow in this area of Oregon....so it is an event!  :) 
 

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Your tags are really pretty, what a wonderful selection you made. Enjoy your snow. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are so pretty! They are a gift in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julene, your tags are top-notch!!! I wish I had thought of making decorative tags before shipping off the gifts I had to mail. I love all of them, especially the one with 3 trees and the one about joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your tags, Julene. Definitely part of the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are precious, made with so much love!! Really beautiful work! I love them!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a clever idea and I am sure all those receiving them will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tags are beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, lovely creativity. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete